The following is an abridged list of works mentioning Derek Ramsey and/or the rambot in context of Wikipedia, bots, and article creation. They cover the aftermath of the 33,000 articles created by Derek and uploaded to Wikipedia using the User:Ram-Man and User:Rambot accounts. This increased the number of Wikipedia articles by 60%. It helped lead to the creation and modification of Wikipedia content and bot policies.
There have been numerous mentions in various publications over the last decade or so:
Magazines and Newspapers
- How did Concord get a Wikipedia article, anyway? by David Brooks (2018). Concord Monitor.
- Wired News (2005)
- Wired Magazine (2005)
- The Culture of Connectivity by José van Dijck (2013)
- Wikipedia by Jennifer Joline Anderson (2011)
- The Wikipedia Revolution by Andrew Lih (2009)
- How Wikipedia Works by Ayers/Matthews/Yates (2008)
- Population automation by Randall M. Livingstone (2016)
- Bots vs. Wikipedians, Anons vs. Logged-Ins (Redux): A Global Study of Edit Activity on Wikipedia and Wikidata by Thomas Steiner (2013)
- ASCA paper by Niederer and van Dijck (2010)
- Textual Machinery by Krista Kennedy (2009)
- Various Twitter mentions from time-to-time.